GFY Apparel

Buy some Go Farm Yourself schwag, and look sexy while spreading the good word: Go Farm Yourself Store



My Fellow Farmers...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why you too should be enamored with food...

I just live for the feeling after you have cooked a delicious, belly warming meal. You've gotten your guests groaning with pleasure and certainly overstuffedness, the dishes are done and your feet are up. It's that punch drunk tiredness, and a content that I fiend for. The passion that great food ignites in people, and the immediacy with which it brings them together, is unlike any other medium in the world. If a beet only knew the seductive trance that it can have on top of the food chain, opposable thumb having, world conquerors, the tables would certainly be compromised, if not turned. Though I think beets are pretty non-confrontational pacifists. I find myself being substantially intrigued by the elemental things in life lately. The idea of sleep has been really fascinating me: Your body turns itself "off", and you can go to these deliciously weird corners of yourself that no one else knows about and its basically free medicine; a natural restart button. Eating, cooking and talking about food brings me this insatiable pleasure, I am feeling myself falling towards the grips of hedonism. Why pain, if pleasure? Instinct can be my divining rod: salt, meat, fat, touch, drink, laugh, sex, sugar, butter, BACON...why abstain from things that satisfy my shallow id? Let it take me over...

I say this with a conflicted heart, the world is seizing up, so many are in pain and without. There must be a leveling off...I am dedicating a lot of my brain and soul's energy to thinking about those subjected to the fringe. Do all that you can, as small or as large as that may seem. Our energy needs more positivity and cohesiveness. Don't feel bad about pampering and treating the ones you love, squeeze everyone around you and feed them with something that feels like your truest heart. I think I do this best with my food, so come to my table and let me tell you that you're my love. Eat up kiddos, there's a storm outside...

Mikey

1 comment:

  1. i'll always feel privledged to eat your food, mikey. cook on!.................xxdev

    ReplyDelete